FiatPeg Services Limited (“FiatPeg”) and its affiliates are committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals who:
- Visit the FiatPeg website located at getFiatPeg.com, which includes all subdomains, present and future (the “Website”);
- Use the mobile applications that FiatPeg makes available from time to time (the “Applications”);
- Use FiatPeg services including FiatPeg products and services (the “Platforms”).
To make this Privacy Notice easier to read, we call the Website, the Applications and the Platforms together the “Services”.
FiatPeg respects your privacy and the privacy of all users of the Services.
FiatPeg reserves the right, at any time, to modify or replace the Privacy Notice. The most recent version of the Privacy Notice is available at fiatpeg.com/privacynotice.
Whilst we will notify you of any changes to this Privacy Notice via email or other direct electronic communication method, we do recommend that you periodically check for any changes that, in our sole discretion, materially impact your use of the Services or the treatment of your Personal Information.
Your use of the Services following the posting of any changes to the Privacy Notice constitutes acceptance of those changes. FiatPeg’s Privacy Notice forms part of its wider terms of service (collectively the “Terms”). Both the Terms and the Privacy Notice apply to your use of the Services. Unless otherwise indicated, all defined terms in this Privacy Notice shall have the same meaning as in the Terms.
2. Who we are
FiatPeg is a new kind of cryptocurrency company that is set to change the way we view and access the world of crypto trading and make cryptocurrencies a major part of everyone’s investment portfolio.
If you have questions about how we process personal data, or would like to exercise your data subject rights, please email our Data Protection Officer at dpo@@fiatpeg.com
3. About this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice covers the treatment of personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) and other non-identifiable information gathered by FiatPeg when you are using or accessing the Services.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to the practices of any third-party services such as Facebook or Twitter that you elect to access through the Platforms (the “Supported Platforms”) or to any applications developed by third parties that FiatPeg does not own or control (“Third-Party Apps”).
4. Collection of personal data
From time to time, FiatPeg may collect some personal information about you such as:
- your full name, username, and email address
- a password, in connection with any account or log-in facility
FiatPeg will use the collected information for the following purposes:
- to identify you when you log in to an account
- to enable us to provide the Services to you
- to analyse the Website, or the other Services and information about our visitors, including research into our user demographics and user behaviour to improve our content and Services
- to contact you about any account and provide support
- to keep you informed of information about our Services we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, provided you have indicated you would like to be contacted for these purposes
By submitting information to FiatPeg, you agree to the use of your information for these purposes.
The table in Section 5 below provides more detail about the data that we collect for each of these purposes, the lawful basis for doing so, and the period for which we will retain each type of data.
5. Lawful basis for the processing of personal data
The table below describes the various forms of personal data we collect and the lawful basis for processing this data. We have processes in place to make sure that only those people in our organisation who need to access your data can do so. Your data will not be shared with third parties.
|Purpose of collection||Information category||Data collected||Purpose for collection||Lawful basis for processing||Data shared with?||Retention period|
|To provide you with services||ID checks||• Full name
• Email address
• Date of birth
• Place of citizenship and residence
• Home address
• Organisational name and address (if applicable)
•Proof of address
• Picture of passport or government ID
|To carry out automated ID checks and provide services||Legal obligation
|Internally only||Data will be held for as long as there is an active requirement and will be deleted after this requirement has ceased, or such time as a request for removal has be submitted.|
6. Storage of personal data
FiatPeg is a UK-domiciled organisation whose primary offices are in the UK.
- Data will be collected via a web-based form and held on a secure server, only accessible via this server to those who have permission.
- Email address will be used for sending information on the progress of the presale and confirming purchases.
- KYC data will be held securely with the 3rd party ID Dataweb and will only be used by them for KYC checks. The admin panel will be available to us if required to facilitate any manual verification and to allow our regulators to view for audit purposes.
- The data collected may be used for creation of an exchange account when our exchange goes live and may be migrated to the customer database at a later time.
- We operate a data retention policy in respect of all data, whether paper-based or digital and those aspects of it which relate to personal data are contained in the table at 5, above.
7. Your rights as a data subject
You should be aware that FiatPeg acts as a conduit between our users and the various Supported Platforms and Third-Party Apps. In several instances, the content published via FiatPeg will not be in FiatPeg Services Limited’s custody or control, and any content that has been shared by you through any Supported Platform or Third-Party Apps via the Services may continue to be available to third parties and the public at large, as this content is now under the control of the operators of the Supported Platforms and/or the Third-Party Apps
As a data subject whose personal information we hold, you have certain rights. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email email@example.com or use the information supplied in the Contact us section below. To process your request, we will ask you to provide two valid forms of identification for verification purposes. Your rights are as follows:
- The right to be informed
As a data controller, we are obliged to provide clear and transparent information about our data processing activities. This is provided by this privacy notice and any related communications we may send you.
- The right of access
You may request a copy of the personal data we hold about you free of charge. Once we have verified your identity and, if relevant, the authority of any third-party requestor, we will provide access to the personal data we hold about you as well as the following information:
- a) The purposes of the processing
b) The categories of personal data concerned
c) The recipients to whom the personal data has been disclosed
d) The retention period or expected retention period for that personal data
e) When personal data has been collected from a third party, the source of the personal data
- If there are exceptional circumstances that mean we can refuse to provide the information, we will explain them. If requests are unfounded or excessive, we reserve the right to refuse them. If answering requests is likely to require additional time or is likely to incur unreasonable expense (which you may have to meet), we will inform you.
- The right to rectification
If you believe we hold inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you, you may exercise your right to correct or complete this data. This may be used along with the right to restrict processing until it is corrected.
- The right to erasure (the ‘right to be forgotten’)
Where no overriding legal basis or legitimate reason continues to exist for processing personal data, you may request that we delete your personal data. This includes personal data that may have been unlawfully processed. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure erasure.
- The right to restrict processing
You may ask us to stop processing your personal data. We will still hold the data but will not process it any further. This right is an alternative to the right to erasure. If one of the following conditions applies you may exercise the right to restrict processing:
- a) The accuracy of the personal data is contested
b) Processing of the personal data is unlawful
c) We no longer need the personal data for processing, but the personal data is required for part of a legal process
d) The right to object has been exercised and processing is restricted pending a decision on the status of the processing
- The right to data portability
You may request your set of personal data be transferred to another controller or processor, provided in a commonly used and machine-readable format. This right is only available if the original processing was based on consent, the processing is by automated means and if the processing is based on the fulfilment of a contractual obligation.
- The right to object
You have the right to object to our processing of your data where
- Processing is for direct marketing;
- Processing involves automated decision-making and profiling.
- Your rights relating to decisions being made about you without human involvement
You have the right:
- not to be subject to a decision that is based solely on automated processing if the decision affects your legal rights or other equally important matters (eg automatic refusal of an online credit application, and e-recruiting practices without human intervention)
- to understand the reasons behind decisions made about you by automated processing and the possible consequences of the decisions, and
- to object to profiling in certain situations, including fordirect marketing.
Your right to raise a concern
You have the right to be confident that organisations handle your personal information responsibly and in line with good practice.
If you have a concern about the way an organisation is handling your information; if it:
- is not keeping your information secure;
- holds inaccurate information about you;
- has disclosed information about you;
- is keeping information about you for longer than is necessary; or
- has collected information for one reason and is using it for something else.
8. Contact us
Alternatively, you can contact us at:
Should you wish to discuss a complaint, please feel free to contact us using the details provided above. All complaints will be treated in a confidential manner.
Should you feel unsatisfied with our handling of your data, or about any complaint that you have made to us about our handling of your data, you are entitled to escalate your complaint to a supervisory authority within the European Union. For the United Kingdom, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), who is also our lead supervisory authority. Its contact information can be found at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.